Weekday Mass Propers Lent V
  • hartleymartin
    Does someone here have access to an index which will tell me the Introits, Offertories and Communions for Thursday, Friday and Saturday for the fifth week of Lent?

• chonakchonak
    OF or EF?
  • BenBen
    Lent V, IN, Wed: Liberátor meus
    Lent V, OF, Wed: Eripe me
    Lent V, CO, Wed: Lavábo
    Verses: Ps 25:1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12

Lent V, IN, Thu: Omnia quæ fecísti
    see also SEP, p. 309
    Lent V, OF, Thu: Super flúmina Babylónis
    see also SEP, p. 310
    Lent V, CO, Thu: Meménto verbi tui
    see also SEP, p. 312

Lent V, IN, Fri: Miserére mihi ... tríbulor
    Lent V, OF, Fri: Benedíctus es, Dómine
    see also SEP, p. 202
    Lent V, CO, Fri: Ne tradíderis me
    Verses: Ps 26: 1a, 1b, 2ab, 3ab, 9ab, 9cd, 13, 14
    Thanked by 1hartleymartin
  • hartleymartin
    Ben - That spreadsheet is most helpful indeed!
  • hartleymartin
    Turns out I asked for the wrong weeks - I needed lent IV, but I was able to look them up on that document provided by Ben Yanke (THANKS BEN!)

For the Introits and Offertories, how are psalm verses chosen? Is it presumed that if the antiphon is from a particular psalm then the verses of that same psalm are chanted?

Attached is a copy of the Saturday Introit for Lent IV, which I have spliced together using Ben Yanke's antiphon, Psalm Tone V as per the Simple English Propers and the Psalm verses from the Revised Grail Psalter. I hope I have done it right!
    1000 x 1675 - 242K
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    For the verses which have traditionally been used with Introits and Offertories, you can look at:

- Versus Psalmorum et Canticorum (1962): http://media.musicasacra.com/pdf/psalmorum.pdf
    - Offertoriale (1935): http://media.musicasacra.com/books/offertoriale1935.pdf

As these books are for the extraordinary form of the Roman Rite, it may be hard to find the desired chants. Also, for the Offertoriale, it is good to have a Latin Vulgate to look up the psalm verses.