Sung Readings for Sunday Lent II?
  • BenBen
    Does anyone have the english OF readings for this Sunday already notated out? I don't need the gospel, but I'd rather not notate out the first and second readings if someone already has...
  • BenBen
    Anyone...
  • Just think of the altruistic ministration which would be its own intrinsic reward for having done it, and which would rebound to you in profuse accolades and kudos were YOU the one to do this and post it here. As President Kennedy said: 'ask not what your countrymen have notated out for you, but what you yourself can notate out for your countrymen'.

Seriously - if you have readers who have half a musical sense, all you need do is 'point' the texts for the half and full stops and give them to 'readers' who know what to do with them, assuming they know the tones for the prophecy and the epistle. If they don't already know these, then plan a teaching session for them to memorise the tones and then be able to sing them to a variety of texts with pointing.

IT IS WONDERFUL THAT YOU ARE SINGING LESSON, EPISTLE, & GOSPEL (ALL OF THEM!) ON A SUNDAY THAT'S NOT EVEN A SOLEMNITY. KEEP IT UP - AT EVERY SUNDAY'S CHOIR MASS.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • BenBen
    It's going to be at a men's retreat, so unfortunately it's not going to be at a normal parish mass on a weekly basis, but the good news is that there will be men there from all around the diocese. I really hope the music of this liturgy sticks with them.

Whenever I have a reasonable chance, I always try to go for sung readings. I have one of my friends singing epistles from a pointed text now... makes things much easier :)
  • Best Wishes!