Psalm 22 for Good Friday Communion TTB/TTBB ?
  • Hello all,

Does anyone have an a cappella 'Deus Meus' or Psalm 22 out there, in English or Latin, that could work for a Good Friday TTB or TTBB choral ensemble? I believe it is the text "slated" for Communion that day.

Thanks! God bless you!
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I ripped off one of JMO's Chabanel arrangements for a different Psalms and turned it into a Psalm 22 setting. It's SATB but could be further altered, I imagine.

Jeff O: Do you mind if I post a derived work?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    English? or Latin? I have an English SATB setting that I'm willing to rearrange for men's voices. The Psalm verses are in English, from the BCP/BDW (Anglican use), and are set to original Anglican chant.
  • CHGiffen, I actually printed yours out and I really liked it, but we just won't have any trebles that day! If you'd be willing, I'd totally use it. Let me know if that's doable. English is good for our congregation.

Adam, thanks for the offer! God bless you both!

Jacob
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Okay, I'll get to work on it.
  • In my second year as a Catholic, I was playing "liturgical drum set" for Mass, and I wrote a sort of blues setting for Psalm 22 for Palm Sunday. If you want a good laugh, I'd offer to embarrass myself and post the sheet music here. It sounds best with a sold electric bass and lead guitar.
  • francis
    shux... CHG beat me to an arrangement! Good work, Charles. I am putting mine up just in case anyone else wants to use it.
  • francis
    K...

I didn't simulate the chanted verses. It's pretty easy to figure out.

download score

listen to simulation