Save the date! 2014 Liturgical Music Congress in Monterrey, Mexico.
  • Hello friends! Our 2013 Congress in Tlaxcala, Mexico, was a big success. Well, any occasion that gathers together 160 talented and Church-addicted liturgical musicians from 55 dioceses has got to be fun! Pictures and videos are coming as soon as I can rescue the camera I accidentally left behind in Mexico City. Meanwhile, I already have the date and location for the 2014 congress: February 24-28, in Monterrey, Mexico. This should be an easy drive or flight down for all of you in Texas! The cost of attending the congress is very economical and tends to be between $200 and $400 for your lodging, food, inner-city transportation and congress materials for the whole week. Please consider attending; come get to know Hispanic musicians and choir directors who love real sacred music and do the same work that many of you do in the US. It is a great opportunity to exchange resources and ideas, and experience sacred music incarnated in another culture. I highly recommend this congress for anyone who works in a bi-lingual parish and is involved in Hispanic music ministry. This year, three Americans who found out about the congress on this forum came down from Chicago, Wisconsin and Iowa . Their presence was a wonderful and mutually enriching experience for all of us.
    Details about the congress organization and costs will probably be out in November or December of this year. Meanwhile, save the date!
    Thanked by 2fernandogil CHGiffen
  • Thanks Melicia! :)