• Would it be possible for the chants from the SEP to be made up into other mass sets?

The most obvious one I am thinking of would be the Common of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

INTROIT: Salve Sancta Parens p.37
    OFFERTORY: Ave Maria p.14
    COMMUNIO: Beata Viscera p.388

I am sure that other chants exist for commons of other liturgical occasions. I seem to recall that there is a communion which matches the text of Pastor and Martyr.
  • jpal
    I do this on occasion. The way I find them is I look at the options in the GR for each chant and see which ones are contained in existing SEP Sundays or feasts.

If I can't find any, then I choose another appropriate antiphon.
  • BenBen
    If you don't find a graduale chant in SEP, you might try looking here:

http://blog.yankehome.com/index.php/projects/ferial-english-propers/proper-of-time/

It's going slowly, but I'm trying to eventually set all the graduale processional chants to music in the style of SEP, starting with the ferial chants, then continuing on with the saints (both common and propers). It might be worth doing a page search for the incipit you're looking for on my site above.

If at all possible, I'm going to try and say caught up this lent, but we'll see if it happens. The first half week is done, and about half of the actual first week of lent is also done. Also, if you're looking for anything in particular that isn't done, PM me, and if I have time, I might be able to help you.
  • It seems to me that many of the chants in the various Commons are also found in the SEP. I have already compiled a few for myself such as the Common of the BVM (Missa Salve Sancta Parents), but I am suggesting that they would be a useful resource to add as individual documents on the SEP webpage. Perhaps even included as part of the index of an expanded edition of the SEP.
  • Going through the list of the Commons, I have found that all the chants from the Common of the BVM are found in Sunday Advent IV, Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God (Jan 1) and the Solemnity of the Assumption (Aug 15).

In fact, the propers for Sunday Advent IV are also the Common of the BVM for that season!

Introits:
    Rorate Caeli (Advent) SEP page 13
    Vultum Tuum (Christmastide) SP page 386
    Salve Sancta Parents (All other seasons) SEP page 37

Offertories:
    Ave Maria (Advent and Ordinary Time after Easter) SEP page 14
    Felix Namque (Christmastide until Easter) SEP page 39
    Beata es, Virgo Maria (Eastertide) SEP page 387

Communions:
    Ecce Virgo (Advent only) SEP page 15
    Beata Viscera (All other seasons) SEP page 388