Victorian "Pianoforte" availability
  • Jaki
    Victorian Square Grand Piano Availability - Also known as "Pianoforte"
    Hand crafted in 1869 by Earnest Gabler, NYC is considered one of the finest musical instruments of the Victorian Era. This is an authentic "Pianoforte" which is being made available to the music community by the owner. Detailed information on this rare instrument can be found at: www.VintageGrandPiano.com or you can contact the owner personally at: VictorianPiano@gmail.com for more information. All inquiries are welcome.
  • is considered a rare vintage collectible find.

Rare for good reason. Buy it to hold down an oriental carpet that has a tendency to slide around, but these FAIL otherwise. It is NOT a "pianoforte" in any sense of the word. It's a sad person that buys one of these, tells the tuner he's got a grand piano to be tuned...this piano is the reason that many tuners almost automatically say, when hearing that the owner has just gotten a new vintage grand piano, "Um, how many legs does it have?

If these were any good, they'd have one at every concert hall. This is THE piano that caused piano builders to give up and start over with a totally different approach, which DID become the Grand Piano - three legs.
    Thanked by 1MarkThompson
  • Jaki
    Thank you for your response. I completely understand that is your opinion, but there are groups and individuals alike who would welcome the opportunity to own a piece of music antiquity. It is clear that you are not one of them.

For those who have a genuine interest in the Victorian era and cherish the music of the time, this is a magnificent instrument. It has also been presented with truth and honesty on this website and can be verified by going to: www.VintageGrandPiano.com. Thank you for your kind consideration and genuine interest.
  • Jaki, my response is mostly due to you spamming a group. And calling a square grand a pianoforte.

I owned a lovely 1873 Parlor Grand by Broadwood...now that was a Victorian piano of value.

In order of invention:
    1. Harpsichord
    2. Pianoforte that looks like a Harpsichord
    3. PIanoforte that looks like a Virginal
    4. Square Grand Piano
    5. Grand Piano
    6. Vertical Piano

Too many people have been duped by sellers who prey on people who do not know better. Calling this a pianoforte is deceptive and misleading.

Eventually the moderator will show up and delete this entire conversation. IT cannot come too soon.

Read what a professional in the field says about them if anyone thinks I am being too harsh: http://www.esteypiano.com/square-grand-pianos/#
    Thanked by 1MarkThompson
  • chonakchonak
    Thanks, Noel. Since I don't know a lot about pianos, I wondered whether this announcement had any informational value.
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago