Missa Brevis in C Minor (SAB) : by Koerber
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Nicely thought and worked out, francis! The contrapuntal writing is very appealing.
  • francis
    tnx charles... i think you and i need to start a composers guild and begin meeting IF and whenever possible.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen tomboysuze
  • go for it, men!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • donr
    WOW, I really like the Gloria, I just don't think my choir is ready for it. Pretty awesome stuff francis
  • francis
    Thanked by 1R J Stove
  • francis
    tnx donr... How large is your choir?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Francis, 'sthat an MAudio KeyRig 49 you're using for input? (Great minds....?)
  • francis
    yep. although i am a tracker buff to the nth degree, i am still into the latest technology as i need to be... : 0
  • matthewjmatthewj
    The Sanctus is my favorite. Very cool.
  • francis
    tnx matthewj... i would love to hear it... do you have a choir that can perform it?
  • I like the Agnus Dei in particular.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I did until about 3 months ago...

In fact, I left my successor a copy of your Agnus Dei and I think she was going to do it with the older Children's Choir. I'll ask her if she has a recording of that. Not this Agnus Dei - the other simpler one with organ accompaniment you had posted previously.
  • francis
    matthewj

hmmm... trying to remember which one that was... how long ago did you get it and what key is it in?
  • francis
    R J:

Yea, I think I favor the AD of the four too... That one was the last piece of the night after completing the gloria (by 2am) and the sanctus (by 5am), so after a couple of hours on the AD, my wife walked out of the bedroom to see me sitting on the living room couch with my computer in my lap playing the final result (at about 6:30am or so). I was very dizzy from no sleep, and it was the day of the Super Bowl, and our team was playing (The Ravens), and I had to go to work (Mass 8am and 10am). That was a good day: completed a Mass and our team won a Lombardi Trophy.
  • All the chromatics in the Gloria would be too tough for my choir, even with their natural abilities to sing renaissance polyphony. Sorry!
  • francis
    Kimberly:

I composed the chromatic section so that people can choose to do a chromatic or diatonic version of the Gloria. Godspeed! (see posted above)