NEW Milwaukee area Schola!
  • Ally
    I am very pleased to announce the formation of a new schola for the Milwaukee area. This will be a collaboration of musicians throughout the area to promote the cause of Sacred Music in Southeastern Wisconsin.

It will consist of separate volunteer men's/women's scholas, that will come together to sing polyphony. The repertoire will include English and Gregorian propers, polyphonic and chant Masses, as well as music by Victoria, Palestrina, Tallis, etc. The focus will be on the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite, and the group will sing as requested (and there is already a request!)

If you are interested, even if you have no chant experience, just a love of the Church and truly Sacred Music, then please contact Ryan (irishtenor) or I to participate. Feel free to pass on the information to others, or ask questions!

Please see the attached flyer for rehearsal and contact information.

Even if you cannot participate, we ask for your continued support in prayer.

In Christ,
    Alexis
  • BenBen
    Sounds fantastic, guys. If I were just a little bit closer, I'd totally join you. So close, yet so far. Any chance you'd all just move a hour and a half to Madison and start it there? :)

It's also great to see the emphasis on the OF. The EF is awesome, but the OF needs beautiful music too.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    I can't wait to get started with such a great partner!
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Living in Hudson, WI, just across the St. Croix river from the Twin Cities, MN, I'm even further away from Milwaukee (where I used to live aeons ago) than Ben. But I definitely sympathize with his comments and wish you the best of luck.
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • Congrats, Alexis. Looks great!
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • Ally
    I'm bumping this (once) because we start tomorrow evening with our first rehearsal, and we'd love your prayers as we begin this exciting journey.

Also, tomorrow is feast of one of my patrons, St. Casimir (my middle name is Kazimira)... what a great day to begin!

I am very excited to be working with Ryan on this project, and I hope to see other Milwaukee-area people there!! Contact us with any questions.

Alexis
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • Jeffrey Quick
    Once you're solidly going, maybe you can do something with my buds in the Milwaukee Renaissance Band.
  • Ally
    Just a little bump for this as we will begin rehearsals on Monday, Sept. 16th, and would love more members! The location has changed, so give us a call or send a message to either myself or irishtenor if you are interested.

We are getting ready to sing at the Basilica at Holy Hill, the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians - Gregorian propers and Ordinary, among other things. More upcoming events too.

If you can't sing with us but would like to host us or help in another way, we'd love that. Tell your friends!

Thanks,
    Alexis

• Ally, do you have a date for when you'll be singing at Holy Hill?
  • Ally
    Yes, for a wedding on Nov. 16. Are you in the area?
  • Ally
    Also, just confirmed that we will be singing for the Frassati Young Adult Day at Holy Hill on October 26. If you are in the area and would like to sing with us for the evening Holy Hour, let me know!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Ally, this makes me wish that the western edge of Wisconsin wasn't so far from the eastern edge!!!
    Thanked by 2Ben Ally
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Yes! Ally is getting serious results in the gig department--I need to pick up my game!
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    makes me wish that the western edge of Wisconsin wasn't so far from the eastern edge!!!

you should try Texas...
  • Congratulations on your new Schola. I am also in the process of forming one in my area, and, much to my thrill, have gotten a good response. Apparently, many people are craving this after so many years of blasé music and performance based masses. God bless to all.