A question for anyone who lives in/near San Diego
  • JennyJenny
    I am coming to San Diego in July. Accommodations near the convention center are either non-existent or out of my price range. Can anyone give me an idea of what more outlying neighborhoods or nearby areas would work for driving in to the convention center area in a reasonable time? The travel sites try to give me places 'nearby' but I'm not sure how to judge that.

Thanks!
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Old Town Inn.
  • JennyJenny
    Ah yes. I haven't forgotten it. I just didn't know where that was in relation to downtown San Diego. (My sense of direction is quite impaired. Just ask my husband!)
  • Kathy
    What other areas are they mentioning?
  • JennyJenny
    LaJolla, Carlsbad, Coranado, Oceanside are some that I saw. Several say 'close to beaches and Sea World' without mentioning a specific neighborhood.

Thanks for your help!
  • Kathy
    La Jolla if you can. Coronado is the only other area among those that is close; Carlsbad and Oceanside are too far north. Coronado Island is fine, but just over the bridge from the Island there are unsafe areas, so if the map view of Coronado includes areas on the mainland, I wouldn't stay there. Mission Valley or Fashion Valley would be ok. La Jolla would be ideal--nice area and not too far.
    Thanked by 1Jenny
  • Kathy
    Btw, Charles is right, the Old Town Inn would be fine!
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • JennyJenny
    Sadly, the Old Town Inn was booked up but I got another place in Mission Valley.

Thanks for all your help!