PDF downloads from web server
  • chonakchonak
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Making the Graduale Romanum accessible to most parish choirs.
  • Scott_WScott_W
    on a slightly related note, I can't seem to call up the 1961 Graduale Romanum pdf on the Musica sacra site. I have the latest version of Acrobat and it opens other documents, but for the GR it hangs and never comes up. Any ideas?
  • chonakchonak
    @Scott_W: a number of users have reported problems reading PDFs lately on Windows PCs. After I ran a Windows update, the problem went away.

If you do that and still see a problem, please try saving the file to your PC desktop before opening it. (That is, right-click on the link to find the option "save file as ...", etc.)
  • Scott_WScott_W
    Downloading now. Seems like there is an extreme bottleneck because my connection which is 18Megs/sec for everything else is putzing along at about 24k/second so what should take seconds is taking 40 minutes.
  • chonakchonak
    There is a bandwidth limit for downloads, but it's not that low. Sounds like the server has a lot of customers tonight (not surprising).
  • chonakchonak
    I've adjusted a couple of performance settings on the web server, hoping to improve the transfer rate.