Liturgical Music Congress in Tlaxcala, Mexico. Feb 4-8,2013
  • Hello to all! In case anyone is interested, here is the site with the information for the annual Liturgical Music Congress hosted by the Mexican bishop's conference, to be held February 4-8 in Tlaxcala, Mexico: www.demusli.org
    Monsignor Valentin Miserachs of the Pontifical Institute for Sacred Music in Rome will once again be the keynote speaker.
    The cost for inscription, food, lodging and materials for the week is the equivalent of about $180 US dollars.
    Hope some Spanish speakers out there can join us!
  • Where, how can one begin learn to Gregorian Chant at least the Psalms: to chant alone daily, hoping to find other chanters. Been looking, asking, buying books,on Internet, groping, getting nowhere sporadically for decades, decades, decades. (Ages ago U. C. Berkeley music major, onetime wannabe classical pianist). Centuries ago bought Liber Usualis, learned nothing; have'Gregorian Missal for Sundays Notated in Gregorian Chant by monks Solesmes 1990' (English translations): how pry Chant out of this? Need CD with Chant square-notes to see how Chant works, but have not found such CD instruction. -Mexico City Catholic granddad of 13.
    Wannabe Chanter
  • gregpgregp
    mantonio - that sounds great; are you affiliated with demusli in some way? Is there any chance that some CMAA members could attend a future congress in some capacity? I think that the one biggest thing that our members could do right now, aside from everything else we already do, would be to work on the Hispanic congregations in our parishes to demonstrate to them the beauty of the Sacred Music of the Church. I'd volunteer in a minute, but I don't speak Spanish. I think a "Simple Spanish Propers" would be a fantastic step, if anyone could do them.

TrulsFagrell - if you don't know anyone to chant with, I would start by looking at some of the videos at Corpus Christi Watershed's site http://www.ccwatershed.org/liturgy/daily/. That way would can see the music as you listen to how it is supposed t sound, and that will help you learn.
  • Gregp! you should contact Gabriel de Jesús Fraustro, who can help you with that. We can translate for you!! Here in Mexico, we are still more and more interested on Sacred Music. It would be great to share ideas and points of view.

That's why I often read this forum.

Best regards
  • This sounds very interesting. I visited the page but some of the information on Organ and Gregorian Chant is still not up. I would love to know more details and invest in the trip!
    Thanked by 1mantonio
  • Hi Heitor, if you're wondering about the organ and gregorian chant workshops, I have some friends who attended them last year and this is what they said: they run for about an hour and a half each day of the congress and both workshops are aimed towards musicians and singers that already have some background and want to hone their skills. In the organ workshop, the participants brought their pieces and worked on them with a master organist.
    gregp- I'm not "officially" connected with Demusli; I just promote the congress as much as I can! I haven't had a chance to attend a CMAA conference yet but I hope to in the future. I think it would ideal if someone who is involved with CMAA could attend the conference down in Mexico, talk to people there and see what teamwork can be done.
    Thanked by 1HeitorCaballero
  • Claire H
    Question for mantonio and/or Fernando:

I am hoping to attend the Conference next month in Tlaxcala, but when I emailed the Maestro Secretary, he wrote back about a $660 fee for staying in a hotel, or $370 dollars for staying in a simpler lodging.

But both your post here, mantonio, as well as the online conversion for peso to dollars says that the cost of 2,200 pesos (double occupation in the simpler lodging) is just under $180.

Mantonio, will you be at this event? Perhaps you and I could continue a discussion via messaging or email; I have some other questions which perhaps you can help me with. :)
  • Hi Clare, the information that you have it correct, but it may be that the double rooms and filled up and so that's why the Secretary is not offering you the option. You might email him again just to confirm it.

I will certainly be at the congress! In fact, I just got the program yesterday and I'm putting it here in case anyone is interested in seeing it.

XXXV CONGRESO NACIONAL DE MÚSICA LITÚRGICA
    Del 4 al 8 de Febrero de 2013, Diócesis de Tlaxcala

P R O G R A M A G E N E R A L

Objetivo:
    Comprender e interiorizar el espíritu del tiempo litúrgico de la cuaresma, para ayudar a la comunidad eclesial, desde el ministerio de la música, a vivir el itinerario cuaresmal.

Objetivos Específicos:

-Estudiar y aplicar con todos los congresistas algunos materiales de música litúrgica para el tiempo de la cuaresma.
    -Ampliar nuestra visión de Iglesia, desde la perspectiva de la música litúrgica, con el testimonio de 17 años de servicio pastoral de Mons. Miserachs como Preside del Pontificio Instituto de Música Sacra de Roma.
    -Propiciar la convivencia y el intercambio de experiencias entre los músicos de Iglesia en México.
    -Enriquecer nuestro servicio pastoral con algunos talleres prácticos de dirección coral, órgano, canto gregoriano, impresión de partituras y salmodia.
    -Asomarnos a la fe, historia, cultura, usos y costumbres de las Iglesia diocesana de Tlaxcala.

Lunes 4 de febrero

10:00 a 14:00 Inscripción, reparto de material, acomodo de cuartos en el seminario
    Diocesano de la “Y” y/o traslado al Hotel.
    14:00 a 15:00 Comida en “Casa Fray Julián Garcés”.
    15:00 a 16:00 Descanso

16:15 Apertura del XXXV Congreso Nacional de Música Litúrgica (Auditorio del Seminario de Tlaxcala):
    1. Himno al Espíritu Santo: Veni Creator
    2. Saludo y bienvenida: Excmo. Sr. Mons. Francisco Moreno Barrón, Obispo de Tlaxcala, Responsable de la Dimensión Episcopal de Música Litúrgica (DEMUSLI).
    3. Inauguración: Excmo. Sr. Mons. Víctor Sánchez Espinoza, Arz. de Puebla y Presidente de la Comisión Episcopal para la Pastoral Litúrgica.
    4. Programa del XXXV Congreso Nacional de Música Litúrgica: Mtro. Gabriel de Jesús Frausto Zamora.
    5. Presentación de los participantes: Mtro. Rogelio Vázquez Carmona.
    6. Indicaciones prácticas: Pbro. Bernardo Fierro Morales, Asesor Diocesano de Música Litúrgica en Tlaxcala.
    17:30 Primer ensayo de un esquema litúrgico de cantos los cuaresmales: Mtro. Germán Tort Ortega.
    18:30 Eucaristía de Inauguración en la Capilla del Seminario. Preside: Mons. Víctor
    Sánchez Espinoza, Arz. de Puebla
    Ministerio del canto: Niños Cantores de la Parroquia de San Luis Huamantla.
    19:45 Concierto de Órgano: Mtro. Héctor Manuel Salcedo Becerra
    20:30 Cena en Casa Fray Julián Garcés.
    21:30 Descanso y/o Traslado al hotel.

Martes 5 de febrero

7:00 Levanto.
    8:00 Ensayo y Celebración de laudes en la Capilla del Seminario. Coordina El Pbro. Benjamín Vega Robles, Director de la Escuela de Música de Querétaro.
    9:00 Desayuno en el Comedor de la casa Fray Julián Garcés”

10:00 PRIMERA CONFERENCIA: “Cuaresma, camino hacia la Pascua del Señor”. Ponente Pbro. Lic. Miguel de Manuel Camín Garníca, Arquidiócesis de México, en el Auditorio del seminario.
    11:00 Foro abierto
    11:20 Descaso y café
    11:50 Segundo ensayo del esquema litúrgico cuaresmal: Mtro. Germán Tort Ortega
    12:45 Talleres:
    Dirección Coral: Mtro. Germán Tort
    Canto Gregoriano: Mtro. Rafael Martín del Campo Valle
    Salmodia: Hno. Roberto Durán Urenda
    Edición de partituras: Mtro. Isaac Namme Galindo
    Órgano: Mtro. Héctor Manuel Salcedo Becerra

14:15 Comida.
    15:30 Traslado al centro histórico de Tlaxcala y breve descanso.

16:30 Tercer ensayo del esquema litúrgico cuaresmal: Mtro. Germán Tort Ortega, en la
    Catedral. (ex¬-convento Franciscano)
    17:30 Presentación de Pueri Cantores México y compartir del caminar de las Escuelas de
    Música Sagrada de México.
    18:00 Ensayo de cantos para la Eucaristía
    18:30 Eucaristía en Catedral. Preside: Mons. Jonás Guerrero Corona, Obispo de
    Culiacán. Ministerio del canto: Coro de Infantes de la Catedral
    19:45 Concierto de Piano. Mtro. Roberto Pérez Ortiz
    20:30 Cena.
    21:30 Regreso a Casa Fray Julián y/o al hotel
    22:00 Descanso

Miércoles 6 de febrero

7:00 Levanto
    7:30 Salida al “Instituto Diocesano de Música Juan Pablo II” en San Pablo Apetatitlán.
    8:00 Ensayo y Celebración de Laudes en la Capilla del Instituto. Coordina: Mtro. Rogelio Vázquez Carmona, Instituto Superior de Música Sacra de Morelia.
    9:00 Desayuno
    10:00 SEGUNDA CONFERENCIA: Testimonio del Servicio Pastoral a la Iglesia Universal en el Pontificio Instituto de Música Sacra de Roma: Mons. Valentino Miserachs Grau, Presidente del PIMS durante 1 7 años y actual Maestro de Capilla de la Basílica de Santa María la Mayor en Roma.
    11:30 Akáthistos 1ª parte. Coordinan: Pbro. Hugo Oswaldo Vargas Graciano y Pbro.
    Benjamín Vega Robles.
    12:15 Descanso y café.
    12:45 Talleres.
    14:00 Comida y descanso.

16:00 Cuarto ensayo del esquema litúrgico cuaresmal: Mtro. Germán Tort Ortega
    17:00 Asuntos varios de la DEMUSLI.
    17:30 Traslado a la Parroquia de San Pablo Apetatitlán.
    18:00 Concierto
    18:45 Ensayo de cantos para la Eucaristía.
    19:15 Eucaristía “Parroquia de San Pablo Apetatitlán”.
    Preside: _________________________ Ministerio de Canto: Coro del Instituto
    Diocesano de Música Litúrgica de Tlaxcala “Juan Pablo II”

20:30 Cena.
    21:30 Regreso al Seminario y/o al hotel.
    22:00 Descanso.

Jueves 7 de febrero

8:00 Ensayo y Celebración de Laudes en la Capilla del seminario.
    Coordina: Pbro. Candelario Sánchez Muñoz, Escuela de Música Sacra de Guadalajara
    9:00 Desayuno.
    10:00 TERCERA CONFERENCIA: “El Espíritu de la Música Litúrgica en la
    Cuaresma” Mtro. Gabriel de Jesús Frausto Zamora, Diócesis de Colima.
    11:20 Akáthistos 2a. Parte Coordinan: Pbro. Hugo Oswaldo Vargas Graciano y Pbro.
    Benjamín Vega Robles.
    12:00 Descaso y café.
    12:30 Talleres.
    14:00 Comida en Casa Fray Julián Garcés.
    15:30 Salida a Ocotlán
    16:00 Visita al Pocito, Basílica y el Camerín de la Virgen.
    17:00 Evaluación y acuerdos del DEMUSLI
    18:00 Concierto de Órgano: Mons. Valentino Miserachs Grau
    19:00 Ensayo de cantos para la Eucaristía
    19:30 Eucaristía de clausura en la Basílica de Nuestra Sra. De Ocotlán
    Preside: Mons. Francisco Moreno Barrón, Obispo de Tlaxcala.
    Ministerio del canto: Los congresistas, dirige Mtro. Germán Tort Ortega
    20:45 Cena y muestra cultural.
    22:15 Regreso al Seminario y/o al hotel
    22:45 Descanso

Viernes 8 de febrero

7:30 Salida a San Andrés Buenavista (La Barca de la Fe).
    8:30 Oración.
    9:00 Recorrido por la Barca de la Fe.
    9:30 Desayuno.
    10:30 Salida de un grupo a la zona Arqueológica de Cacaxtla y al Santuario de San Miguel del Milagro, y de otro grupo al Seminario de Tlaxcala.
    11:30 Llegada al Seminario o a Cacaxtla.
    13:30 Comida en el Santuario de San Miguel del Milagro.
    15:00 Regreso al Seminario o a la central de autobuses.

• La Participación en el paseo requiere confirmación
    Thanked by 1eft94530