Communion Psalm - English
  • Our parish, St. Margaret of Scotland, in Midland, On recently began singing the Communion Psalm in English.
    On the Chant Cafe usually the sung version of the English chants are posted, but very late in the week.
    To facilitate our choir practise, I was wondering where I could view/listen to the Communion chant earlier in the week.
    This would enable me to prepare for the practise with the other cantors.
    Peter Kotowych
  • Thanks Paul, but this site is not appropriate. Our choir uses 'Simple English Propers' by Adam Bartlett. The music is different. Also I want to 'hear' the psalm, not just have the music sheet. The Communion psalm that we use often appears on the Chant Cafe, but too late in the week to be of much benefit for our choir practises. I would like to be able to access it on a Monday or Tuesday, to benefit our preparation for the liturgy on Saturday evening. Thanks again. Peter
  • search YouTube
  • I'm sure that your interest will encourage Adam to step up production! It is always a boost to hear that people are singing music created by CMAA members to everyone at CMAA as well as the people who write it!
  • BenBen
    Peter, if you dig around in paul's link, there should be practice video links:

Here's what I did:

1) clicked paul's link
    2) selected a sunday (in this case, Advent IV, C)
    3) Click OPTIONS for MUSIC sung during HOLY COMMUNION
    4) Click SIMPLE ENGLISH PROPERS
    Thanked by 1Paul_Onnonhoaraton
  • Thanks so much, Ben. I had visited this site before, but being an analog kind of guy, I could not negotiate the cursor properly. Merry, Xmas!
  • I forgot to thank Paul for leading me to his link.
    Merci
    Thanked by 1Paul_Onnonhoaraton