Grail versions of Canticles from LOTH
  • Friends,
    In the English (as in U.K.) edition of the LOTH, the Grail translations are used not only for the Psalter but also for certain canticles, e.g., Exodus 15, Deuteronomy 32, 1 Samuel 2, Sirach 36, etc.
    Unfortunately, the new breviary cuts out certain verses of these canticles, and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a COMPLETE Grail translation of these canticles (presumably someone did the full texts at some point!). I've search everywhere and so far can find only the Grail Psalter online (old and new versions). Does anyone know where to find the Grail canticles in full text?
    Thank you!
    Thanked by 2ScottKChicago Mike R
  • chonakchonak
    I've looked at the acknowledgements in the UK edition, and they aren't 100% clear to me; is it possible that those canticles were in the 1966 Singing Edition of the Grail Psalms?
  • I've got the 1966 singing edition and it's only got the 150 psalms, none of the canticles.
  • The canticles were the separate creation/translation/copyright of the UK Bishops Committee.
  • Paul, do you know where I can find those canticles complete, or were they created from the start with verses missing?
  • chonakchonak
    I wonder this book might be the source. There are copies in some libraries.