Advent preface
  • Does anyone have the Advent Preface for the 1962 Missal in chant? I am aware of the RM pdf, but the size of it has locked up my computer.
    Thanks
  • BenBen
    I can extract it for you. Please send me a PM with your email.
  • BenBen
    Hmm, I can't seem to find it. Anyone else?
  • It is in the real 62 Missal I think it's in a separate section of the ad libitum prefaces... Gallican.

j agnew 78 at gee mail
  • JahazaJahaza
    It is in the real 62 Missal I think it's in a separate section of the ad libitum prefaces... Gallican.

I suspect it's not in all real '62 Missals. We have a real '62 Missal from the Vatican Press that we purchased in Rome 2 years ago (the new printing) and as best I can tell without going through the whole book page by page, we don't have the ad libitum Advent prefaces.
  • It is in a different section. I don't think it's part and parcel of the section with the regular prefaces.
  • The 5 ad libitum prefaces in the 62 Missale were actually added in 1963. So facsimiles of the 1962 Missale Romanum typically don't have them.
  • BenBen
    That makes more sense! I didn't see it in either two versions I had on my computer.
  • I think it was july of 1962.
  • JahazaJahaza
    We have this book:

Missale Romanum Ex Decreto SS. Concilii Tridentini Restitutum Summorum Pontificum Cura Recognitum
    Editio Typica
    Autori: CEI
    Libreria Editrice Vaticana
    Anno di pubblicazione: 10 febbraio 2010
    Formato: 22.5x31 cm
    Messale Romano in latino approvato da Giovanni XXIII
    ISBN-13: 978-88-209-8357-4
    € 210,00

So it seems the Advent prefaces just aren't in the typical edition? But were authorized later?
  • Right after the normal prefaces they are there in later editions of the 62 Missal. I found it and attached it for those interested.
    3081 x 2059 - 2M
    Thanked by 1Ora_et_Labora