Mens Schola - Christmas Gift Suggestion
  • Hello,

I want to get the men in my schola some type of Chant/Polyphonic music as a Christmas Gift this year. I have looked at the FSSP and Institute of Christ the Sovereign Priest offerings but wanted to know if others here, might have other suggestions, I would like some chanting in the offering.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  • rogue63
  • Not really answering David's question but, Adam, would the book that accompanies that be at all interesting to a toddler? Does it have pictures or is it just the "chant" translation? : )
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Probably not for toddlers.
    (Although, as you may know, Sandra Boynton's other books are VERY kid friendly and awesome. I highly recommend them to all parents.)

The whole "Pigorian Chant" package is sort of an elaborate inside joke. It's very funny, but the humor relies on a sense of satire that I have yet to see in a toddler. I do recommend Music Directors with a sense of humor get a copy and leave it on the bookshelf at the office. The giggles from each new person to discover it are worth the ten bucks.

Also it makes a great gag gift for Chant lovers.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Haha ok. Well if anyone comes across any chant books interesting to toddlers, let me know. : )
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Well, there's FNJ's coloring book. But that's about it, as far as I know.
    Someone needs get on this.