T-shirt idea

Just the first line, naturally.
    Thanked by 1Earl_Grey
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Super flumina, Baby!
  • Our schola also cheers on Super Mel and his sticky sidekick Favum.
  • chonakchonak
    Like this? It would work well (though really to make a tee you should start with an image with 200 or 300 dpi resolution).
    725 x 500 - 142K
    Thanked by 1E_A_Fulhorst
  • And probably not something probably not in copyright. I might want to reset it.
  • BenBen
    Haha!!! Totally.
    Thanked by 1E_A_Fulhorst
  • Is this seriously going to happen? If so, any chance it could be a lot bigger on the front? Maybe with some of JMO's line art?
  • donr
    Do we really want a T-Shirt that says "By the Rivers of Babylon" on it. Don't you think that will give our brother Evangelicals more ammo to say we are the whore of Babylon. I know that is not what the verse is all about. But worse things have been twisted to a bad means. I do like the shirt idea and the cute way the words play. I just think we should do some other verse.
  • BenBen
    If you want, EA! It's all ready to go. CafePress makes it pretty easy to do this kind of thing...

In case anyone's wondering, I re-engraved it in gregorio using the code from Andrew Hinkley's site, then imported the PDF output into photoshop at a very high resolution, manipulated to manually create the line break in the chant, then uploaded to CafePress. Overall, took 15 minutes.

Click here to buy on CafePress

• canadashcanadash
    I must say, that as a woman who has been pregnant often in the last few years, the back of this shirt reminds me of maternity wear (IMHO), though I like the front.
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • chonakchonak
    Yeah, I don't "get" the text on the back: can Vanna buy me a vowel or some punctuation or something?

Would the front look more interesting with the hand-drawn neumes added?
  • Yeah. It would also look better with a parchment-color shirt. But maybe that's asking too much.

@donr: But the whole point is that it totally looks like "Super Flumina, Baby."
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I like it. It's almost tropical. "By the waters, baby!"
    The back text doesn't end well, IMO.
    "Chant Pray Love...CMAA"
  • chonakchonak
    Maybe:

Chant?
    Yeah, baby.
    Thanked by 2E_A_Fulhorst Ben
  • BenBen
    Guess that's what I get for trying to come up with tag-lines at midnight :) When we come to a consensus, I'll modify the back design.
  • canadashcanadash
    Oh, I like those two:

Chant?
    Yeah, baby.

and

Chant Pray Love
  • BenBen
    Throwing in a vote for "chant? yeah, baby."
    Thanked by 1veromary
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Why not make both- it's POD.
  • donr
    The second one is nice but would be hard to see with all the black.
  • Another vote for “Chant? Yeah, baby.”
  • The second one is nice but would be hard to see with all the black.

Invert! Make them Dominican Friars from Africa!

Kidding.

Anyway, part of the advantage of that would be being able to condense the music into two equal lines off to the side of the front.

Friar Super flumina
    Friar
    Friar
    Friar * Baby
    Friar
    Thanked by 1donr
  • Chant, pray love - now that sounds Catholic! I Love it! I imagine an order could use that as a vid posting...