Recordings of the Ordinaries
  • I'm new to the Extraordinary Form. The first High Mass that I ever experienced was at the Colloquium this last June, where I also learned to read square notes. I've been trying to sing in a schola the last few weeks, but they only practice the propers because they all know the ordinaries. Hence, the only time I hear the ordinaries is at Mass. I feel like I did 22 years ago when I first started going to a Catholic Mass, only everything is now in Latin and I'm in the choir.

Are there any recordings of the ordinaries, such as the MP3s for the propers that can be downloaded on the St. Rene Goupil website? I'm particularly interested in the Asperges, Mass XI & VII, all for the Chants for the Credo, and I guess I should learn the Mass For The Dead. The Common Tones of the Mass are pretty easy to pick up, but it would be nice to also have those.
  • Here is the entire Kyriale:

http://www.ccwatershed.org/kyriale/
    Thanked by 1rjgrigaitis
  • Thanks Paul. That page on the Corpus Christi Watershed website was just what I was looking for. I did try this website before I posted here, but I guess I didn't navagate to the right page.