Strange request: Looking for old Gather hymnals
  • kevinfkevinf
    We are about a year away from buying new hymnals, but my school is moving to a new locale away from the church. i need to supply them with about 100 Gather comprehensive (green) copies. If you know of some, please email me or PM me here on the forum. I now, strange request, but I need something to get us through until we can make a good choice on the hymnals and we are not ready for that.
  • marajoymarajoy
    I wish there were some sort of "hymnal clearing house." That would be awesome! Then when huge, rich churches get rid of their 10-year old Ritual Song hymnals in exchange for Spirit & Song (do they really dump them in the trash?!) smaller, poorer parishes can easily find what they are looking for! Same for choir hymnals!
  • chonakchonak
    Sometimes the diocesan office for worship can pass around such requests ("please take these off our hands").

• Kevin-- there are easily 100 or more of these stored in our music room. How I wish I could have them all beamed up to the Romulan neutral zone or the Bermuda triangle! along with the 300 + copies of Gather III or whatever that were purchased just before I was assigned....and the 200+ copies of old Glory and Praise.... but I'll be content to ship them to you! Not as much fun as recycling them though. What does PM mean? see my ad for a music director in St Croix Valley for my contact info.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • chonakchonak
    PM = Internet abbreviation for a "private message" (as contrasted with public forum messages)

You can send a note to a user through the Inbox link at the top of the page: you'll find a button to "Start a New Conversation".
  • My next idea:

Request for Old Gather Hymnals - Need winter fuel for furnace.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Yes, I agree. They make good furnace material. And next year that is what I will do. But until then...
    we use a few good hymns out of it.