password oddness
  • Is anyone else having problems when they try to log into the forum. It won't accept my password and so I have to hit the forgot password. I go to my e-mail and there is a password in the upper filled called my new password which I cannot see but when I type in my "old" password it is the right one. Also the program is now signing me out even when I don't want it to. Thanks for any suggestions.
  • You might want to message Chonak. He is a system administrator, and could probably figure it out for you. Sometimes the software seems to act up.
    Thanked by 1Ruth Lapeyre
  • CharlesW
    The software is possessed by a particularly virulent demon. At times, it signs out by itself although I have indicated to stay signed in. Then it may not take the user name and password the first try. Go figure! It's demonic!
  • This has happened to me, too.
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, Ruth--

When you go to a form and find a password already filled in, that's because your web browser saved the password from a previous visit to the page.

If you are getting logged out unexpectedly, it's probably because of some problem with the data "cookies" which your browser saves. To try to clear this up, you can go to your browser's privacy settings and delete all the cookies it currently has, or just delete the cookies referring to musicasacra.com. Afterward, you'll need to log in again, but I hope things will be more consistent.

When you do log in, you will probably prefer to choose the option "keep me logged in" so that you not have to repeat the login process too often.

--RC
  • Success! Thank you chonak and everyone else.