Propers for Year of Faith
  • Our parish will be beginning the declared "Year of Faith" with a 40 Hours devotion, beginning with Mass. The pastor will be celebrating the Mass for the Evangelization of Peoples (Masses for Various Needs and Occasions). I seem to have misplaced my GR, and I don't think the propers would be there anyway....but is there anyone who would know where I would find the Gregorian propers for this Mass?

Thanks in advance!

Adam S.
  • Unless otherwise suggested, I would assume the best choice would be the Mass for the Propagation of the Faith in the Liber.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    The Graduale Romanum gives several options for the propers for "Missae pro evangelizatione populorum" (I left out de options for Easter Time and Lent):

Introit:
    Omnes gentes, plaudite manibus
    Omnis terra adoret te

Gradual:
    Domine, Dominus noster
    Timebunt gentes nomen tuum

Alleluia:
    Confitemini... et invocate
    Dominus regnavit, exsultet terra
    Laudate Dominum, omnes gentes
    Omnes gentes, plaudite manibus
    Timebunt gentes nomen tuum

Offertory:
    In omnem terram exivit

Communion:
    Data est mihi omnis potestas

On the occasion of the Year of Faith, the Congregation of Divine Worship approved a new Mass formulary for the New Evangelisation, but Catholic Fire blog reports that "as of now it's only in Latin and Italian, but by October translations will be available in English, Spanish and German."

I haven't seen this new Mass formulary yet, either in Latin or Italian. It may have other suggestions for the texts of the Introit and Communion.