Propers for Padre Pio mass?
  • drchantdrchant
    The UCCCB calendar shows us celebrating "Memorial of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina, priest" on Sunday 9/23/2012. Their web page ( http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/092312.cfm ) shows the readings (but not antiphons) for the day. My question is whether there are official chant propers for that mass. (JoguesChant shows the 25OrdB chants for that Sunday.)

Richard Lee
  • JahazaJahaza
    I don't know if there are chant propers, but that's clearly an error in their calendar. The memorial can't replace the Sunday.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • drchantdrchant
    Thank you. That makes planning much easier. "Salus populi" et al, here we come.
  • rogue63
    Would the propers come from the Common of Pastors or Holy Men and Women?
  • Someone's confused. The 23rd is a Monday this year. It was a Sunday last year, I think. Isn't the USCCB calendar for this year available?
  • rogue63
    Yes, it's a Monday. We have a 1st-class relic of Padre Pio, and there will 150 people coming, including the gentleman who was an altar boy at San Giovanni who donated to us the relic.

So, would the propers come from the Common of Pastors or Common of Holy Men and Women?
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    Either one is OK. If you want, you can check your diocesan ordo booklet to see if a preference is expressed there. I looked on-line, and found the ordo for Portsmouth, England: it said the Preface could be taken either from Pastors or Saints (=Holy Men and Women).

• rogue63
    Thanks!
  • Rogue, I'm struggling with relic envy here. :)

What a huge blessing to have such devotion in your parish. I pray all your celebrations are most wonderful and fruitful.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Someone's confused. The 23rd is a Monday this year. It was Sunday last year.

The OP posted in June of 2012, ie. last year, not this year. What's the confusion?