Director of Sacred Music, Ss. Simon and Jude Cathedral, Diocese of Phoenix
  • The Cathedral of Ss. Simon and Jude, in conjunction with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix, is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as Director of Sacred Music. Preferred candidates will possess a graduate degree or experiential equivalent in liturgy/music with a background in vocal pedagogy, choral conducting and directing Choir and Schola Cantorum, organ expertise, and a repertoire of sacred music in keeping with the mind of the Church. Responsibilities encompass the full range of diocesan and parish life, i.e; choir rehearsals, collaboration with volunteer and professional musicians; formation, development, and oversight of the Spanish music program of the Cathedral; and assistance in planning events highlighting the sacred arts. Please send CV, and three references by email, with “Director of Sacred Music” in the subject line, to:

contactus@simonjude.org

Application deadline: June 22, 2012
  • A personal note: I am on the interview committee, and am very personally invested in finding the right candidate for this position. If any CMAA member would like to discuss details before applying, please feel free to email me.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions