A new Catholic CD is available with Polyphony & Chant
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear friends,

Some of you might be interested to learn that there is a new CD available (a live Mass with polyphony & chant):

QUIS NON AMANTEM REDAMET

This CD was produced with zero funding and was sung (generally speaking) by musical amateurs (some of them six years old) with a few glaring exceptions (such as Jeffrey Tucker, Arlene Oost-Zinner, David Pedersen, & other great singers). It was made possible by Corpus Christi Watershed, a brand new non-profit Catholic Artists' Institute.

The idea behind it was to prove that ANYONE can learn to love and sing Gregorian chant and polyphony in its proper place at Mass, even those who (literally) had never even heard of "polyphony" or "chant" or even "the Latin language."

Anyone who is interested, I hope you will go check out the audio samples and see if you want a copy. Please compare the music, not to studio recordings by professional musicians, but to your typical parish setting. I think it compares favorably (but, of course, I am biased). And thanks again to all the kind souls who made this production happen!
  • Gilbert
    Jeff,

I received my CD on Thursday night, and have been listening to it, pretty much whenever I can. It is an amazing CD! I thank you so much for inviting the Brazos Valley Schola Cantorum to take part in this. It was such a privilege to sing at that wonderfully done liturgy!

Anyone thinking about getting the CD, do it! You will be pleased.

p.s. The last few tracks, recorded from the sanctuary are particularly unique. The bishop's praying the prayers of the Mass in latin with the beautiful chant and polyphony in the background is, . . . Wow!!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Thank you so much, Gilbert.

Yes, everyone seems to like those last three tracks the best of all. They show (at least to me) the beauty of the Roman Rite, especially in the Extraordinary form, because I think the music in the background truly helps the Sacred ministers pray. To use a vulgar term, it is a type of sacred "soundtrack," highlighting the important words and proclaiming them. How truly fitting, since we are physical (as well as spiritual) creatures who need every sensual help we can get! Of course, silence is important, too. This will be evident on the DVD. And I will never forget the experience of being M.C. and seeing these things first hand.

Please help spread the word about the CD!