Simple congregational Credo (English)
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Attached is a setting of the Credo (English language), suitable for congregational singing, written in a style that is common to Eastern rite churches. Although the score is SATB (and should, ideally, be sung a cappella), it may be chanted in unison, especially when the congregation is first learning it. It is quite similar to a setting of the Gloria which I composed and used almost 30 years ago when I was in charge of music for a "traditional" mass at a university parish which had several Eastern rite Catholic and Orthodox people in the congregation. I prepared this after reading a posting in the Chant Cafe about the usage of a sung Credo at Mass.

Edit: I uploaded a corrected version of the score (fixing the text underlay), and later yet another correction!
    And (May 15th) a final correction!!!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    When engraving a unison chant version of the above Credo in gabc, I discovered that a few more errors persisted in the SATB score above. I've taken the liberty of making a few more minor changes in the chant version given here, and I will make the corresponding changes to the SATB score an update it as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience while working this setting out (it has been quite hectic here).

Attached is the chant version in square notes.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I just updated the SATB score in the first posting above. And I'm attaching an MP3 soundfile herewith. I apologize for all the inconvenience in this busy time.