Nuptial Mass propers
  • Andrew Motyka
    Hey everybody,

Does anyone know where I can find the proper chants for the Rite of Marriage? It's likely right in the Graduale, but I'm having such trouble finding it. For some reason, I think the average parish is going to have a greater need to sing the Mass for marriage than for the blessing of an Abbot, but what do I know?
  • For the Extraordinary Form, the proper chants may be found at this link [see pp. 1288ff. in the Liber Usualis; pp. [121]ff. in the 1961 Graduale Romanum (no. 696)]. For the ordinary form, see the Mass "Pro Sponsis" on page 645 of the 1974 Graduale Romanum.
  • And for those in the OF who wish/need to use the Graduale Simplex, the simple propers start on page 379.
  • Andrew Motyka
    For the ordinary form, see the Mass "Pro Sponsis" on page 645 of the 1974 Graduale Romanum.

That's the one. Thanks for helping with my Latin illiteracy.
  • DanielCDanielC
    Hello!

I have the propers... my question is:

I'm singing at a wedding in the Extraordinary Form on the Feast of Saint Anne (July 26). Does this feast or the Missa Pro Sponsis take precedence?

I don't know much about the classes of feasts...

Thanks for your help!
  • On the Feast of St. Anne (July 26, 2nd Class) the Nuptial Mass is permitted. Note however that if July 26 is a Sunday, the Mass of the Sunday would be said.
    Thanked by 1DanielC
  • DanielCDanielC
    Thank you very much!

I certainly appreciate it.

God bless!
  • Nuptial Mass Introit (with translation), Offertory, and Communion (with verses) can be found at this link along with practice videos, audio Mp3 recordings, etc.
    Thanked by 2Earl_Grey stepg
  • CCoozeCCooze
    How surprised do you think people would be to hear this version of the introit, alleluia, and communio? (see p. 247)