my first retractatio (and by no means last)
  • This morning I received a private message through this forum, questioning my musical choice template for diaconate ordination, specifically the communio. The message prompted me to revisit all the official texts in Latin and English of all the ordination rites. Indeed, the official communio text for the diaconate is: "Filius hominis non venit ministrari, sed ministrare, et dare animam suam redemptionis pro multis." "The Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many (E.T. alleluia)." So replace the erroneous template with this one, please.

I've gone looking for any chant melody for this text on the Global Chant Database and cannot find one. Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Maureen
    The National Shrine used that as the Communio text for Bishop DiNoia's ordination. Maybe they've got something? (Can't tell from the online program book if "Choir" sang a chant or non-chant setting.)
  • Tournemire
    I'm searching high and low for the melody to this chant as well, since it is the communion antiphon for the Memorial of St. Josemaria Escriva.
  • tomjaw
    I have checked Cantus, this is the nearest...

http://cantusdatabase.org/id/007019za

The manuscript is on microfilm, but does not appear to be online (No link)

N.B. the Global chant database could really do with a few more books to be indexed for it to be truly Global!