SAB - Easy Easter motet/anthem
  • canadashcanadash
    Does anyone know of a free (CPDL?) motet that is easy for the Easter season voiced for SAB?

Thank you!
  • Heath
    My Easter Sunday ('depleted choir' Sunday) go-to piece is an arrangement over at St. James Music Press (sjmp.com) called "This is the Day", an SAB Mozart arrangement. Not hard and very fitting. It does require accompaniment, though.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • canadashcanadash
    I knew that I would get exactly what I needed with far less fretting than searching myself! Thank you so very much!
  • Canadash, if your ladies have a hard time with the crossing voices at the end, shoot me an e-mail and I will e-mail you my alteration that deals with that problem (my rural-home-parish ladies simply could not get that spot and it wasn't worth the effort!)

Also, most of the pieces in Ravanello's Secunda Anthologia Vocalis work quite well SAB instead of SSA or TBarB. I have been transcribing them into a S-SorA-AorT/Bar format with a reduction, if you are interested.
    Thanked by 1danielrego
  • Not CPDL, but I recommend "Surrexit Christus" (Pergolesi, arr. Proulx) from GIA. Very effective, optional brass parts, and not too difficult for choir.
    Thanked by 1MariaRist
  • I have done a very simple fa-burden version of Ubi caritas which goes very well, and has become a favourite of my little Schola (7 women and one other man). I am happy to send it to you - or anyone on the list - to use in the liturgy.
    Thanked by 1danielrego
  • Hello from Finland. I would appreciate Ravanello's Secunda Anth from Patricia Cecilia.
  • Richard R.
    You might find this Easter Alleluia with verses that I wrote many years ago to be useful.
  • canadashcanadash
    Richard, that is lovely! Thanks!