Praeconium Paschale (Exsultet)
  • I have been singing the exsultet at my parish for several years, and have been working on the new translation for this year. However, the liturgy committee threw me a curveball this week and asked if I would sing it in latin this year. I have been scouring the internet for it, and here is my quandry: I have found the text with noation from the 1962 missale romanum, but the ending is a bit different from the 1970 or 2002 massal, "O vere beata nox...". I have found the text from the 2002 masal, but without the notation. Don't think I can wing it either, nor would I want to. This requires preparation. So, I was wondering if anyone out there know where I might be able to find the new latin text with notation. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vivat Jesus!
  • chonakchonak
    It's in the back of the book Ordo Missae in Cantu (1995), so I transcribed it. (Note: I didn't copy the whole rubric, but summarized it: if the cantor is not a deacon, omit page 2.)

I found one text discrepancy between the OMiC and the Missale Romanum third edition (2002), in the last line. Where OMiC has "et tecum vivit et regnat", the Missale omits "tecum". (I followed the Missale.)

Does anyone know any history about that change to the text?