Help with Mass for St. Blaise
  • mwa
    For monthly homeschool Mass - Could someone please suggest something from SEP that would be appropriate for the introit if the common of a martyr is being used? Also, I need to come up with something for the congregation to sing during the blessing of throats (with no instrumental help)
    gratias ago
  • BenBen
    Not exactly what you're looking for, but since you're talking about resources for St. Blaise's feast, here's the rite from the old Rituale Romanum that we'll be using (after our OF Mass, btw).

To me, it seems much better, much meatier than the new one (isn't that how it often is?)
  • mwa
    Dear Mr. Yanke,
    I couldn't find a link in your post, but I do already have the candle blessing and throat blessing from the '62 Rituale (thanks to SanctaMissa.org), if that is what you were passing on. Ours is an OF Mass, also, though ad orientem and about 2/3 in Latin. Thanks for bringing it up.
  • BenBen
    ugh....my computer has been acting weird with attachments lately. Yes, it's the one from sancta missa, reformatted to look nice and be easy to read.