Musician seeks position in SF Bay Area
  • MBWMBW
    I am a highly qualified musician seeking the opportunity to continue or build a fine sacred music program at a San Francisco Bay Area parish. I am an organist and conductor with extensive experience administrating large sacred music programs. I have experience with both all professional and all volunteer choirs, as well as with children's choirs. I am guided by the Church documents, and have extensive knowledge of sacred vocal repertoire of all periods. I know how to integrate the sacred treasury into today's liturgies and am adept at bringing congregations to a greater awareness of the value of our musical and liturgical heritage.

I am looking for a parish where I can work in a genuine collegial relationship with the pastor and the rest of the team. I am looking for a parish whose goal is to bring the heavenly liturgy to its people, through the media of sacramental action, word and sound. I am opening to continuing an existing program or to starting from scratch. What is most important to me is a vision, common to me and to the pastor, of what our Catholic liturgy can be.

I look forward to hearing from someone who knows of such a parish.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Ah, another good candidate for posting on classifieds. It will come out of beta at some point.
  • incantuincantu
    You might want to get in touch with music directors at churches that currently have chant and polyphony as part of their music programs: St. Dominic, St. Ignatius, Notre Dame des Victoires, and St. Mary's Cathedral; as well as the Schola Cantorum SF (formerly of the St. Francis shrine).