I was practising Bonum Est for tomorrow in the hallway
  • canadashcanadash
    at the local hockey rink...I was waiting for my children, using my time wisely, because frankly, I have no time! The caretaker walked by and asked me what it was I was singing. I told her it was gregorian chant. She said it was beautiful... I've decided to hire her for that public relations position I've created at church to convince my choir that GC is not boring, dull and a generally awful experience.
  • Even before I converted and learned Chant, I was addicted to a boxed set called "Eternal Chant." I sing without being aware of it. I came home and found some housemates standing idly by boom box. I walked around and then blurted out, 'Whose Chant music is that?" They cracked up, because I think someone had given it to them and they thought of me--not a second of lessons, and I was walking around singing it.

I was walking throug security at the Jacksonvill, NC, airport (Camp LeJeune, of course, but way, way out in the sticks.) The secutiry guard did a double take because I had Mirer's textbook on Chant. He said he loved Chant. His Baptist grandfather was no doubt spinning in his grave.

Funny that Chant will be a path of ecumenism, resisted only by...Catholic parishes.

Kenneth
    Thanked by 2canadash Richard Mix