OF
    THE NEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION
    OF
    THE THIRD TYPICAL EDITION OF
    THE ROMAN MISSAL

as prepared by the ICEL
    2010"

Thank you.
  • I think I found it over on Musica Sacra.

http://www.musicasacra.com/pdf/ICELchants_Colloquium.pdf
  • Thanks, Noel, very much!
  • Okay, two questions (eft, Noel, Chonak....?)
    When I open the pdf, I cannot seem to locate any way to the old "typewriter" function in Adobe, to add text to the pdf.
    Is there some protocol I'm missing?
    Or...worse....don't ask why......

Has anyone attempted to set accompaniments in any form to this booklet? Again, don't ask, don't judge. Just need to know. I know what the GIRM sez.
  • As I understand it, in exchange for certain financial arrangements, the Vatican has been able to implement the US GIRM into Adobe Reader source code to prevent the addition of accompaniments or alterations to the new translations.

However, hackers have found a work-around in Reader called (please don't say you found it here) Annotate.

Chonak may be able to add more to this strange tale.
  • Again, in your debt, FNJ. Thanks. Hope to hear from RC soon.
  • For those who man be confused....Acrobat Reader lets you select ANNOTATE.

I use it like this: When I get a PDF document from someone and find I need to ask for clarifications or corrections, I select Annotate and choose the BOX and a color, usually RED.

Then I can draw a box on the pdf page and send it back.
  • chonakchonak
    Accompaniments for the principal parts of the Mass Ordinary chants are listed (among other things) on http://musicasacra.com/ordinary. I think we're using the set of accompaniments from the Diocese of Leeds.

I'm not familiar with using the "Annotate" feature of Adobe Reader -- I don't having ever seen it in the Linux version of the program -- so I can't comment on that.
  • RC, accompaniments for the ICEL Ordinary are not what I need to locate, thanks tho'.
    FNJ, when I use your link I don't seem to be in the Acrobat domain, and can't find any command anywhere to"annotate."
    Any chance you could open the first musically notated page from our archives and point me in the direction of that?
    Older versions of Adobe used to have a "typewriter tool" that has since disappeared since updates.
  • chonakchonak
    FWIW, you may be able to download older versions of the Acrobat Reader from adobe.com.

For a workaround: if I had to mark up a PDF, I could convert it to a bunch of image files (one per page), then put those into a new word-processing document and add annotations on top of the images as desired. Not very convenient, but it would work.
  • RC,
    Yes, I actually did one page of that workaround solution and thought "arggghhh" for the fifty remaining.
    I'll try going back to the future with the Adobe AR older version. If not, there's always my trusty calligraphy pen!
    Thanks guys.
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, workaround #2 sounds better: print it all, mark it up by hand, and scan the papers.
  • Reader X

Top pf page, right - COMMENTS