Gregorio Demo Page - question
  • I am using the Gregorio live demo page (http://gregorio.gabrielmass.com/cgi/process.pl) to engrave chant and cannot figure out how to put two lines of annotation above the initial letter (This is a common occurrence in books like the Liber, as in: Ant. / 7. A).
    Does anyone have an explanation of why this doesn't work, or a code example of how to do it?

The instructions on the original site seem to assume you can do this by merely putting in two annotations; perhaps this only works if you are running the Gregorio program yourself?
  • chonakchonak
    I think the instructions on the site are a bit misleading about this. The Gregorio program allows for two "annotation" header lines, but it doesn't implement anything to make them print in the score.

Users are apparently expected to implement it manually in their LaTeX file by using the GregorioTeX macro \gresetfirstlineaboveinitial . What I've done in the Gregorio demo page is to automate that for one "annotation" line.
  • So, from what you are saying, this is a feature doesn't work in the demo page or the program, but if you are determined enough, there is not-so-obvious a way to get the program to do it.

I wonder if maybe this is an oversight; the double annotation a common enough thing that it should be made to work. Another thing which would be nice would be a way to lower the annotation when not using an initial letter.

Anyhow, thanks for the demo page; I am using it to make booklets of this and that. The current one I am doing is Compline from the Little Office. Trying to get everything Liber-like is very interesting. What I have decided to do in this case is to just put the lable "antiphon" in with the user-notes at the upper left. The other solution is to just do whatever you want by cutting and pasting the images in Word.