Schola Activity in Florida
  • mjballoumjballou
    If you direct or are a member of a chant schola in Florida, I'd love to hear from you. Michael O'Connor, down in South Florida, and I, up in Northeast Florida, are beginning to hatch ideas for a workshop, symposium, all-Florida Solemn Vespers and Barbeque, or something that will help advance the singing of chant. (In other words, the ideas are gestating right now.)

I direct a small women's schola in St. Augustine. And I hope there are others of us out there. Let's begin some informal network building through email and take it from there. Even if you're not a "pure schola," if you've got a choir singing substantial amounts of chant (or you wish they would), we'd love to hear from you. This is missionary territory down here for chant.
  • Michael O'Connor
    Yes, please do contact Mary Jane or myself. We would love to hear from you, even if you don't currently chant where you are but would really to like have at least one opportunity next year!
  • OlbashOlbash
    Mark Husey and I are thinking about cooking up a chant & polyphony event at his church in Columbia SC somewhere around MLK weekend. Maybe we should put our heads together...
  • Michael O'Connor
    Hey, get your own thread : )
  • OlbashOlbash
    Sorry, I thought they were close enough together to merit some sort of collaboration. Everything south of Staten Island sort of blends together to my old Yankee brain...!
  • mjballoumjballou
    Michael has a new baby in the house. He's probably sleep-deprived in addition to his poor geographic of the Eastern seaboard.
  • Michael O'Connor
    Really I was just funnin' We'd love to have the Charleston folks come to FL!
  • Hi all,

Pictures from S. Florida of our NO (All English) Mass.
  • BTW new Palm Beach schola blogsite at http://palmbeachchant.blogspot.com/

See you all in Chicago
  • CBM
    Help me in Miami!!!
    Fr. Marino
  • Fr. Marino,

More than happy to help! Contact me at moconnor09 AT comcast DOT net. We would love to travel south and work with you.