Simple English Propers
  • Where can I buy this book in the UK, a work which has such good reviews? For less that $44?
  • Can you not buy from Amazon USA? We can certainly send you want you want direct from the warehouse.

Write "Janet Gorbitz" and ask for a special price. jgorbitz@gmail.com
  • Thank you. www.amazon.com will not ship to the UK when I last tried, and their postage is usually very expensive in any case. The UK site doesn't list the book at all. I'll try what you suggest.
  • IanWIanW
    The SEP project is a wonderful resource, especially where a parish is sensitive to the Latin vs vernacular issue. I have used it often and would thoroughly recommend it as a bridge to liturgical continuity, and a beautiful one at that. One observation for its use in the UK is that you may prefer to substitute psalm verses from one of the scripture translations authorised by the local Bishops' Conference. In England & Wales that includes the older Catholic version of the RSV, which is more resonant than the more commonly used Jerusalem Bible, so you might consider using it for the verses if you can lay your hands on a copy. I don't think the source of the translation is a killer, as the SEP's source is a reputable translation approved the American Bishops, and when you consider the kind of stuff that gets through under 'any other song' ... but it's good to go with local practice.