Official Release: St. Edmund Arrowsmith Mass Setting, using the New Translation
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

This morning, I composed the organ accompaniments to the "Lord, Have Mercy," "Holy, Holy, Holy," "Mystery Of Faith," and "Lamb Of God" for the Mass in honor of St. Edmund Arrowsmith (†1628).

HERE IS THE URL LINK

The "Glory To God" has been up for several months, and has already been downloaded more than 2,000 times. {video}

Like all of the Mass settings contained in the Vatican II Hymnal (more than a hundred pages of music), this setting has been approved for Liturgical use in the United States of America by the USCCB.

If I may, I would like to share with you that the 'Arrowsmith' Gloria is my personal favorite setting (out of the four I wrote that appear in the V2Hymnal).

• This shall forever be known as the Aerosmith Mass.
  • Kathy
    Corpus Christi Watershed, where obscure saints become famous :)

Congratulations, Jeffrey!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Good job, Jeff!
  • dang...Andrew beat me.
  • We will be using Mass of St. Sherwin (mine and the pastor's favorite) And it's always fun having to explain about who this Saint was, who the composer is, etc... BUT, it's well worth it! Yours is some of the finest work done for the new texts. I noticed you have given us two options for the Mysterium Fidei in Mass of St. Arrowsmith... Is there any chance of you adding options B and C to Mass of St. Sherwin??? Pretty please... Peace.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Corpus Christi Watershed, where obscure saints become famous :)

Kathy, to quote from Get Smart ... "And ... LOVING it!"

Is there any chance of you adding options B and C to Mass of St. Sherwin???

Speravi, I can see that this would be a good thing to do. However, I am not sure when I will be able to do this: whether next month, in a few months, etc. But it WILL eventually be done.

Creating these has been taking up all my time recently.
  • IanWIanW
    Nice one, Jeff.
  • Are there PDFs of the Arrowsmith Mass that have the melody line alone? I want to print the music in my church's Order of Mass booklet, and we would need the melodies alone (without accompaniment).
  • The Gloria is in this file: http://www.ccwatershed.org/media/pdfs/12/03/28/10-14-31_0.pdf

Can't seem to find the rest of it.
  • Thanks to Jeff, who just posted the melody-only congregational PDF online: http://www.ccwatershed.org/media/pdfs/14/09/16/10-47-52_0.pdf