text file for Nova Vulgata palms and canticles
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Does anyone have a text file (doc or txt) with the Latin psalms and canticles:

- from the Nova Vulgata
    - with accented words
    - with half verses (*) and flexes (†) indicated
    - with verse numbers

Something like this:

PSALMUS 1
    1 Beátus vir, qui non ábiit in consílio impiórum †
    et in via peccatórum non stetit *
    et in convéntu derisórum non sedit,
    2 sed in lege Dómini volúntas eius, *
    et in lege eius meditátur die ac nocte.
    3 Et erit tamquam lignum plantátum secus decúrsus aquárum, *
    quod fructum suum dabit in témpore suo;
    et fólium eius non défluet, *
    et ómnia, quæcúmque fáciet, prosperabúntur.
    4 Non síc impii, non sic, *
    sed tamquam pulvis, quem próicit ventus.
    5 Ideo non consúrgent ímpii in iudício, *
    neque peccatóres in concílio iustórum.
    6 Quóniam novit Dóminus viam iustórum, *
    et iter impiórum períbit.

I can find Nova Vulgata psalms with verse numbers (but without the accents, and * and †), and also with accents (but without verse numbers), but not with both.
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    I'm away from my copies right now, but what does the new Antiphonale Monasticum have?
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    The new AM has no verse numbers, only accents and † and *. The new Antiphonale Romanum has all, but I'm sure it doesn't have all the psalms, as it only covers Vespers for Sundays and feasts.
  • jpal
    I came across that several weeks ago on the NPM web site, of all places: Nova Vulgata psalms

In fact, the NPM Chant Section has some excellent resources I have used.

Jon
  • jpal
    I realize I gave you what you already have, and not what you need. Perhaps I can read more carefully next time. ;-)

I am actually working on a side-by-side of the entire Revised Grail next to the Nova Vulgata, for practical reasons because we'll use both every week. I have purchased the Psalmi et Cantici from the Vatican bookstore, because it does have the verse hemistich asterisk and dagger markings.

If it ever gets finished, I'll post here again, but I looked for this extensively and could not find it anywhere online already.

Jon
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    @smvanroode: Yes, I saw I was mistaken when I got home.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    In the mean time, I managed to produce the text myself. The verse divisions follow the Psalterium Monasticum. If someone could proof read the text against Liturgia Horarum, I would be much obliged. The permalink for this file is: http://www.transitofvenus.nl/LiturgiaHorarum/booklets/NovaVulgataAccented.txt.