Et valde mane -- where to find it?
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Et valde mane for Easter? It has just been requested for our Easter Mass.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    [This comment has been withdrawn]

I was confusing "Vespere autem Sabbati" with Magnificat with "Et Valde Mane" with Canticle of Zachary.
  • dad29
    It is the Anthiphon (at Benediction) of Lauds for Easter in the EF Graduale.
  • mahrt
    Et valde mane is found both before and after the reform of Pius XII as the antiphon to the Benedictus at Lauds of Easter Sunday. In the post Pius XII Easter Vigil, a brief form of Lauds is sung at the conclusion, including this antiphon (Liber Usualis [1962], p. 776KK). The pre Pius XII Easter Vigil took place earlier in the day, and so it was concluded with Vespers, rather than Lauds, and had a different antiphon; still, Et valde mane is found in Lauds, which comes after Matins of Easter Sunday, as the same antiphon to the Benedictus (Liber Usualis [1950], p. 777.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    In the OF Liturgy of the Hours, the antiphon Et valde mane is sung at the Benedictus at Lauds of Easter Sunday of Year B. See the free booklet on my website, p. 9. Source for the antiphon is the 1934 Antiphonale Monasticum, p. 456.
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Thanks so much, everyone. This was very helpful.