Two spots in Mahrt's class up for grabs - Today only
  • AOZ
    Registration for the Winter Chant Intensive closed on Monday, December 13th. We're bursting at the seams. But two spots in Dr. Mahrt's class have opened up. If you or someone you know is interested, write to me TODAY (Thursday, December 16) at programs@musicasacra.com
  • Aaaah! This is torture, surely. I'd grab one in a heartbeat if I wasn't so rotund with child.
    Will pass on the info at rehearsal tonight, as well as get an email out to local musicians who may be interested.
  • I'm rotund. Doesn't stop me... well, Arlene wolverined me into reg'ing this AM. She's sneakier than a badger.

Not to bring up a sore subject, but I understand there's a curb with your name on it there, too!

This is provided under Creative Commons courtesy Infrogmation of New Orleans

No relation.
  • Charles, LOL! I've seen that wolverine expression- tough stuff. :)
    I am really excited for you, and for Wendy! Fair warning- I'll be bugging you to hear all about it.
  • FNJ, it's not just a curb, it's a whole dang street. And, for the record, my last, best trip was provided by a speed bump, not a curb. Besides, no one "speeds" in NOLA. I'm perfecting my patois and saunter as I type.
    And it's good for CMAA that apparently the voters there love mayor Moon Landrieu, because if they got a glimpse of JT in his seersucker/bow tie elegance, he'd be elected in less time than it takes to fry a beignet.
  • Kathy
    My dear Charles, what ARE you talking about!
  • Mon cher, Kathy.....
    Noel was referring to my tumble and fall in Pittsburgh in June, and positing that one of many curbs along St. Charles Street in the Big Easy awaits my navigational and kinetic ineptitude, hence I will go low and slow in N-O, as in "to saunter." (And you thought you were the only wordsmith, HA!)
    The last sentence was just a paean to L'Roi Jeffrey de Tucker.
  • Kathy
    I see. You have to walk in a more southern modality. You'll have to, er, curb your enthusiasm. (Can't possibly resist)
  • mjballoumjballou
    I will be in New Orleans as well - and I will make sure that Charles watches where he's going. And MaryAnn - I've been thinking of you lately and wish you a Merry Christmas.
  • There are totally unfounded rumors that street signs are being repainted from "curb your dogs" to "curb your charles" and also that these are being posted:

As funny as this may be to some (well, maybe a few of us), we are also seriously concerned with all who are traveling to this event, may you all arrive safely back home once again.