Ride sharing at Colloquium
  • Flambeaux
    Anyone else getting in around Noon or 1 PM on Monday and want to share a cab to the campus?
  • marajoymarajoy
    I wonder if there couldn't be a more effective way for people to communicate transportation issues to colloquium? I suspect that there are many more people who don't read this forum but are going, and probably many of them would like to share rides in some form, but just have no idea how to go about looking for someone.

I suppose people could just "reply-all" to that one email that Arlene sent out that included everyone's email address...

Or perhaps there could be a specific page set up where people could access it if they were interested in posting or reading about ride-sharing, and someone (like Arlene) could email--once--everyone who is going to let them know how to communicate information about that. (maybe for next year?)
  • Flambeaux
    I spent last year looking for something in the ComBox at New Liturgical Movement only to find (after Colloquium) that some folks had made such arrangements here. When I didn't see anything here over the last couple of weeks, I decided to start one.
  • I'm picking someone up @2 at the airport. Could probably fit 2-3 more if needed. Email me at pipesnposaune (at) gmail (dot) com
    Pax, Colleen
  • mjballoumjballou
    Hi, Flambeaux - I get into the airport in Pitt at 1 p.m. And I'd be happy to travel with you if you haven't gotten a better offer. Mary Jane If you want, you can email me at mjballou (at) bellsouth(dot) net Let me know. And I look forward to meeting you (if I haven't already, in which case it will be renewing acquaintance). Anyone else - I'm game.

I did the great circle tour on the subway/elevated in Chicago two years in a row. This time I think I'd rather take a cab.
  • Flambeaux
    Mary Jane, I remember you from last year so I'll look forward to renewing the acquaintance. My flight is slated to arrive at Noon, although I don't know how big the Pittsburgh airport is or any common landmarks at which we could meet.

I'll email both you and Colleen presently.
  • Deborah
    Flambeaux, Mary Jane, and anyone else, I'm getting in at about noon on AA from DFW. Would love to meet up. jdsdr@sbcglobal,net
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
  • Flambeaux
    Deborah, I'll email you presently. We may be on the same flight.
  • rollingrj
    I will be arriving at 3 PM on Delta from Detroit. I would be interested in sharing a cab or ride.
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    Hey, Mary Jane et al.:

I'm arriving on a Delta flight at 12:50. I'll e-mail MJ and we can exchange cell numbers. Last year there was a bit of a cock up . . . Mia and I and Jonathan were supposed to meet at the airport, but we didn't have J's cell number and couldn't find him etc. etc.

Cab--I vote yes.

Mary
  • Flambeaux
    emailed you, mary.