Sunday afternoon...
  • marajoymarajoy
    So I don't deny that I laughed when I first read the post about "who's here on a Friday night," and it continues to amuse me every week when I read it on Saturday morning, (since apparently I'm not one of those who are on here on Friday nights!) BUT...I do come home from Mass every Sunday afternoon, make myself a delicious lunch, (being the introvert that I am, I'm sooo happy that I don't have to talk to people and "be in charge" like I've been all morning! haha!) so first thing I do when I've got a delicious lunch is to see what's going on on this forum!

who else is here after church on Sunday?

Feel free to talk about whatever you want...(I promise I won't get annoyed, since this isn't even really a real discussion!)

I'm excited because I started a little herb garden about a month ago, and now I have soooo much basil that I don't know what to do with it! So I love times like now, when I can make a delicious lunch involving: toast, sunny side up eggs, of course fresh basil, and boursin cheese on some of the bread! (my favorite!) And I think I'll cut up a pineapple (they were on sale for $1!!!) and have some yogurt on the side! mmmm.... :-D
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Well, when I don't have a morning Mass to play (as I don't for part of this summer) I ring bells in the morning. First, there's my church from 8:45 - 9:30 (between Masses), and I'm pretty much in charge of the ringing. Then I drive to my office downtown, get my bicycle out, and ride down to help ring at St. Michael's Episcopal (the oldest church building in Charleston), where I'm often in charge of the ringing, though not the organization. Then I ride my bicycle up to Grace Church Episcopal and help ring there. Then I just make sure I have all my music together for the 5:30 TLM, and relax for the afternoon.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I am not here........... :-D
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I'm not a morning person, so when my alarm clock goes off at 5:50AM on Sunday morning, one of the only things that gives me joy (besides the Source and Summit of life...) is knowing that a delightful nap awaits me in the afternoon.

However, I just recently moved to a new downtown "urban-style loft" (yes, I'm rather yuppyish), and it has huuuuge windows... and it's bright outside... and my bedroom is a loft so there's no door to close... So my nap has been hijacked and destroyed.... So I'm here.

Perhaps I need to invest in one of those sleep masks... Anyone ever used one of those?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    By the way, Mara, here's a great way to use that basil:
    http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/cucumber-basil-martini
  • CharlesW
    I eventually get to the forum on Sunday afternoons. It's up at 5:00 a.m., breakfast, 30 minutes of last-minute practice, then to the church for my first mass at 7:00 a.m. After my fourth mass, it's nearly 1:00 p.m. I go home, have lunch, then read the Sunday newspaper. By then, I am so tired, I nap for 30 minutes to an hour. Later in the evening, I go walking for an hour then check out the TV to see if anything interesting is on - there usually isn't. That's during the summer. The remainder of the year school is in session, so I have lesson plans to prepare Sunday evenings.
  • don roy
    my favorite time of week.
    food, nap, and science channel re runs recorded earlier in the week.
    oooh oooh!
  • marajoymarajoy
    I think one of my least favorite things about my job--wait, no, let me rephrase that: the ONLY thing that I absolutely HATE about my job is waking up (especially in the winter) when it is pitch black out, and since it is a Sunday morning, I feel like I'm the only person who is awake in the whole world!
  • Donnaswan
    My favorite thing is meeting my best friend after our respective Services for lunch, with a couple of Mimosas or the House wine, and rehash all the things that went well, or the stupid things that happened. Since I'm out of work at the end of the month, I can get started earlier. LOL
    Donna
  • j13rice
    I'm glad I am not the only one who needs a nap Sunday afternoon! I come home, change, eat, turn the baseball game, and fall asleep for a little while. Then I have the rest the day to spend with my wife and baby daughter knowing I don't have to be anywhere or see anyone the rest of the day!
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    As often as I can I nap after Mass. I don't know if it is the stress or the sense of release or what, but there is something about the two hours following liturgy elicit an instinct to crash.