Does anyone here use Twitter?
  • I tried finding different twitter profiles for sacred music, but alas, there weren't many. I searched the forums, and this site's Twitter hasn't been updated recently, no?

Anyhow if you want, we can exchange personal Twitters or use hashtags so that we can make sacred music have a serious presence on that site.

Mine is

https://twitter.com/John_Monaco
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Ok so this inspired me (forced me!) to reexamine out twitter issue. Against my will because I don't understand this Twitter stuff, I've updated our Twitter account so that it feeds directly from our blog via twitterfeed.com blah blah logins logins logins arrrrrghhhh

anyway, we are done

http://twitter.com/musicasacra

if someone wants to take over the twitter please do. I'm too old.
  • JMJ_coder
    Twitter is essentially a modification/spin-off of good ol' IRC (not a technically well done one either, in my professional opinion).

I guess there might be a place for its use, but I can't think of a situation where twitter is a better tool than a blog, rss, newsgroups, irc, etc.
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    Twitter is useful if you are playing a wedding and things get crazy and you cannot wait to tell all your friends.
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    guys/gals--

I think it would be fun to do some twitter chat on occasion. I just did a twitter search and found nothing cmaa related . . .

maybe when Colloquium is over, we can organize a regular twitter chat for anyone who's interested.

Mary
    @marymezzo
  • CharlesW
    Twitter is a complete waste of time second only to facebook.
  • chonakchonak
    Facebook at least lets me take pictures with my cell phone and post them directly; that's a little bit of fun if I'm in some interesting place. But walking around all day and typing messages on the little keyboard doesn't seem that great.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I don't follow anyone's twitter, but I have been sent links from peoples from time to time... It seems like it would take a very interesting person to make twittering interesting. A Jeffrey Tucker Twitter, though, I think I'd read..

Shaving without shaving cream.
    about 8 hours ago via TwitBird iPhone
  • Well, you know that MaryMezzo, just loves to waste time. Wait. Isn't she running a very successful Schola and holding down a full time job and penning a very popular fitness blog as well?

Maybe there IS something about Twitter that is....twitterable.
  • francis
    Twit.. Er... Uh...

Practice your pedals people! Don't waste your precious talent.