Pontifical High Mass, Washington, April 24th at 1 pm
  • miacoyne
    Thank you Kathy for posting this.

I love this qoute from the site,

....We strive to enhance the appreciation of the Mass as Holy Sacrifice, to build respect for the Holy Eucharist, and to solidify belief in the Real Presence.
    As Pope Benedict has written—

“The Church stands and falls with the Liturgy. When the adoration of the divine Trinity declines, when the faith no longer appears in its fullness on the Liturgy of the Church, when man’s words, his thoughts, his intentions are suffocating him, then faith will have lost the place where it is expressed and where it dwells. For that reason, the true celebration of the Sacred Liturgy is the centre of any renewal of the Church whatever.”

I'm so looking forward to this. What a blessing for us!
  • Chrism
    Pray the ash doesn't get in the way of the His Eminence's travel.
  • A different celebrant has been announced for this Mass, Bishop Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Gregorian propers for the votive Mass of the Chair of St Peter in Paschaltide:
    Introit: Statuit ei Dominus
    Alleluia I: Confiteantur Domino
    Alleluia II: Tu es Petrus
    Offertory: Tu es Petrus
    Communio: Tu es Petrus
  • Erik P
  • Ordinary and motets will be polyphonic, sung by the Shrine's resident choir.
    Credo III. Special permission was obtained to include the Credo for this Saturday votive Mass.

Some children's choirs will be chanting before Mass.
  • Kathy
    They'd better be. I went and bought a hat.

David, if you have any pointers for me tomorrow night during/ after rehearsal, please let me know. But be gentle. (Actually I think they sound pretty good!)
  • Kathy,
    I'm sure their chanting will be enchanting. Not to mention the hat.
    Will the children be amplified? The place is so huge, I think they almost have to.
    I'm pretty sure the schola will be.
  • Choirs are always amplified in the Shrine--unavoidable.
    The 'sound guys' there are superb: couldn't be better.
  • Kathy
    Oh, I'm sure they'll be amplified. It's a huge place.

I'm looking forward to hearing the large men's schola.

About the hat: I don't usually think about headgear. It's been an interesting learning curve.
  • miacoyne
    Bishop Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma in Fr. Z's blog

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2006/03/a-bishops-antidote-to-the-cancer-of-the-cantor/

I wish he was in our diocese.