DIRECTOR OF MUSIC - Our Lady of Joy Roman Catholic Church - Carefree, AZ
  • Our Lady of Joy Roman Catholic Church is seeking a full time Director of Music.

This position reports to the Pastor. The Director of Music serves as the principal musician, organist, and choir director and is responsible for planning, directing, staffing, and executing music for Sunday masses, Holy day masses, funerals, weddings, and other liturgical celebrations. The Director should possess a broad ecclesial repertoire of liturgical music and literature and have a mature understanding of the documents of the Church with regard to liturgical music. The Director recruits, supervises, and provides musical coaching and vocal training for choir members and cantors. The position will also have some liturgical responsibilities. Candidates should possess a high degree of proficiency in the use of musical instruments, particularly the piano and organ, and should be vocally trained. Candidates should possess an academic degree in music, or related field with previous or current work experience in liturgical church music. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.

Resumes and cover letter should be sent to the attention of Lynda Rando, Human Resources by email lrando@oloj.org or by fax (480) 488-1085. No phone calls. Deadline for application is Friday, April 9, 2010.
  • Deadline for application is Friday, April 9, 2010.

Please send resumes by faster-than-light email or fax.
  • I would like to offer a personal plug for this position, if I may:

The pastor of this parish is a young and firm supporter of R2. I believe the job posting to be a bit vague because the parish will no doubt be going through a substantial period of transition. I believe that the pastor will be a strong supporter of the ideals of the CMAA.
  • "Please send resumes by faster-than-light email or fax."

Oops, didn't see that. The posting is still up on the diocesan site, so I assume the position is still open.
  • Where is the church?
  • Carefree (Phoenix), AZ
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions