Chant at Notre Dame
  • Pes
    So I hear that Passion Sunday at the University of Notre Dame featured Hosanna filio David at the procession, chanted dialogues, an RP setting by Willcock (lovely), chanted antiphons, a chanted Pater (Snow's), chanted Eucharistic Prayer, Mass 18 Sanctus and Agnus Dei, motets by Lasso and Bach, a stately St. Theodulph, and so forth. All expertly sung by the Liturgical Choir and beautifully accompanied by the young organist. The silence after communion was reportedly profound. These are encouraging signs indeed, and signs of the times.
  • JamJam
    :D
  • rollingrj
    Hopefully, the Triduum will be just as reverent and well done.

This could be the fruits of their Masters in Sacred Music program (only in its fifth year).
  • A former student of mine is in the SM grad program and was assigned to assist the Folk Choir...
  • BruceL
    I've noticed their music looking very nice lately, too. At some point, they were posting the Mass plans online, but I can't seem to find them. The organ-playing is very good there. If this is a sign of things to come for the MSM program, that would be great. It IS quite a coup that they have Margot Fassler and Peter Jeffery teaching there now, and Craig Cramer is a fine organist. I am interested in hearing others' experience with the new program. Michael, and picture from your former student?
  • She is experiencing everything, including singing with Alexander Blachley.