Taking advantage of the sex scandals
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

I've noticed several posts that deal with the New Translation. From this, I assume this topic is "fair game" on this forum.

I have several (lay) brothers who are active in their Catholic parishes, in several places in the USA. One of them sent me an E-mail earlier today, letting me know some news.

Evidently, some people are trying to capitalize on the Church's sex scandals to push their own agenda.

It turns out that these same people are part of the relatively small number of disgruntled Catholics who signed the so-called "what if we said wait" petition.

The argument basically goes like this:

"The Church has damaged her reputation by sex scandals. Therefore, because of this fact, and in spite of what the Pope said in Liturgiam Authenticam, the Church ought NOT to give Catholics the most faithful and best possible translation of the Mass."

It sickens me to hear that folks are trying to take advantage of sex scandals to push their own agenda.

Being that I personally know someone who was abused by a priest, my heart breaks when I hear reports of clerical abuse.

On the other hand, anyone who cares about the Bible knows that "scandals must come . . . ."

If anyone finds any more instances of opponents of the New Translation trying to capitalize on the sex scandals, please contact me.

THANKS!
  • JamJam
    I don't get it! What do sex scandals have to do with the new translation?
  • CharlesW
    Nothing! It's all hogwash. It's called, "Never let an opportunity pass to remake the Church in your own image."
  • eft94530eft94530
    http://musicasacra.com/forum/categories.php

Please correct this Discussion Category to be "General Discussion: Catholicism"