Recordings from Chant Intensive Mass January 8, 2010
  • chonakchonak
    Here are some recordings from the Mass for Friday after Epiphany at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Charleston, at the end of the CMAA Winter Chant Intensive:

Prelude: Ecce advenit (C. Tournemire)

Prelude: Ecce advenit (M. Durufle)

Introit: Ecce advenit

Gradual: Omnes de Saba

Alleluia: Vidimus stellam

Homily: Fr. Gregory Wilson on: the manifestation of God

Offertory: Reges Tharsis

Hymn: Crudelis Herodes

Sanctus: Mass I

Agnus Dei: Mass I

Communion: Vidimus stellam

Motet: Cor Jesu (William Webbe)

Chant: Christus vincit

Postlude: Organ postlude (Couperin?)
  • mhjell
    My wife and I had a wonderful time at this event. Quite a lot of material to absorb in a short time. It was wonderful to be with so many talented, dedicated people.
  • Wonderful work! Just listened to Communio. Great stuff.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Woohoo, I am glad to see the Tournemire played as the Epiphany office is one of the more evocative of l'Orgue Mystique. Though I would kindly wish for a faster tempo for the piece. Oh, how I love the chants for Epiphany. They are just so visual.

Great job gang. Everything is just glorious.
  • Hi,

Does anyone have a PDF of the Cor Jesu (webbe) motet and a translation of the text, I think it is from the Litany of the Sacred Heart?

Our Choir is going to be learning this and I would like to have the english text.

Thanks,

David
  • chonakchonak
    FWIW, I fixed the audio links above.
  • MarkS
    The postlude is not BWV 572, but rather the Offertoire from one of the Couperin masses (Mass for the Convents?). Otherwise, lovely stuff!
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, thanks for reminding me to fix that: the 572 was on the program, but a substitution was made.