Chant Workshop in Tampa - December
  • I am presenting a workshop on December 8 for beginners in Gregorian Chant as part of the "Scholars' Forum" at the Franciscan Center in Tampa (http://www.franciscancentertampa.org/index.html), and would be grateful for help from my friends at the CMAA in making this opportunity known. Here is the announcement from the Center:

SCHOLARS' FORUM: "Gregorian Chant for Everyone"
    Larry Kent, Ph.D.
    December 8 - Tuesday, 7:00-9:00 p.m.

A workshop with the Music Director of Florida Pro Musica on singing this beautiful music from the Middle Ages. The ability to read music is not necessary, nor is a trained or beautiful voice. Participants will get a brief historical introduction to the role of Gregorian chant in the early Christian Church, but the emphasis will be on singing. Register by: December 4 Cost: $20

The Franciscan Center is at 3010 Perry Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33603
    Ph: (813) 229-2695 Fx: (813) 228-0748 Email: francntr [at] tampabay [dot] rr [dot] com

Larry Kent, Music Director
    Florida Pro Musica
    www.FloridaProMusica.com
    LarryKent [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • mjballoumjballou
    I'll put it up on my blog Sacred Miscellany in case there are any Tampa area readers. I did something similar in Jacksonville about 18 months ago. The more we do this, the more people will know that chant isn't just a museum artifact.
  • Thanks, MJ!! I agree...just need to keep chipping away, I guess.

Missed you in Ft Lauderdale last spring...hope it works next time. LK