Sibelius - to - Finale
  • If anyone is the list has the Dolet and could translate some Sib into Fin, please let me know.

noeljones@usit.net
  • BruceL
    Bump this: if anyone can do this, or knows how to do it, I'd appreciate it. I actually just need MIDI of the sib file, but since I don't have Sibelius, I figure this is the way to do it. I'm open to being educated if I have this all wrong, too!
  • Bruce,

Post the file as an attachment and I am sure that someone on the list will do the MID conversion.
  • chonakchonak
    I'm not sure that the forum is set up to take uploads of .sib files. Maybe someone will volunteer, and then you can e-mail the Sib file to that user.

• BruceL
    @chonak, that was the plan. Thanks for your help, too, Noel!
  • If no one volunteers, I know of someone who has helped me in the past when I was in the same situation. If no one responds, send me the file over the weekend. noel@frogmusic.com
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Noel,

I have asked the Sibelius to Finale question on another music forum I belong to. If I get an answer, I'll post a link to it.
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Doesn't Sibelius 7 include the applet to generate MusicXML files which can then be imported int Finale? This issue has been raised in other threads here.

OTOH, Sibelius itself can generate .MID files directly, so you just need to find someone with Sibelius who is willing to make the .MID files.