What has happened to Lulu Press
  • Does anyone know what's happened to Lulu Press?
    They no longer have a working telephone number.
    They have no e-mail address.

I have been trying since Sunday (Feb. 11) to log into my account. Each time a pop-up requires me to check a box as an indication that I am a real person. When I do so, the same message pops up again. I cannot get in.

All this leads me to suspect that they are going out of business. They appear not to have given their authors any notice.

I have the whole text to The American Gradual 2020 on a Web site, but I would like to continue making it available as a bound book? Does anyone have any suggestions about the way I should proceed?
  • lmassery
    O no, this would be bad for me too.
  • a_f_hawkins
    I'm not having this problem. I tick the box and it lets me log on, but I've not tried doing anything else.
    Windows 11 Pro, Firefox 122.01, both up to date. Adblocker Ultimate enabled.
  • chonakchonak
    I've been able to log in to the website yesterday and today, so that much seems to be working.
  • GerardH
    Bruce, are you sure you're not a robot?
  • Yes. And when I click the "Prove that you aren't a robot" box, it does nothing. I just keeps coming back. I'll try it again now.
  • I just tried again. When I clicked the box, I received this error message.
    api.lulu.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.

I'll try going to api.lulu.com
  • Going to api.lulu. com got me nowhere.
  • a_f_hawkins
    The message may suggest the administrator of your internet service provider has forgotten to renew the security ticket.
    https://host4geeks.com/blog/needs-to-review-the-security-of-connection-before-proceeding/
  • a_f_hawkins

Thank you. I strongly suspect that your diagnosis of my problem is correct. Regrettably, the link you gave me led to an explanation that is over my head. Fortunately, however,
    I have an "IT guy" who can understand it, and I'm going to get in touch with him now.
  • a_f_hawkings

Thank you once again for your help.

I just conferred with my IT professional.
    My internet service provider is Optimum.net--a major provider to Internet, TV, and telephone service. He said that if Optimum had failed to renew its security ticket, all its customers would be affected
    He also checked various settings on my computer and could find nothing that would have caused the problem.
    He suspects that the problem lies with Lulu.
    If you are able to get into your account and send Lulu a message about the problem that I and others here have been having, I would be grateful.
  • a_f_hawkins
    Okay Bruce, done.
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores
  • I wil be most grateful.
  • I received and read a message from Andrew Malton that pertained to this issue.
    He gave me a link, which I followed, and which gave me an "You have succeeded in logging in" message.

I cannot find this message. I woule like to thank Mr. Malton.
  • I apologize. I found Mr. Malton's message in my "in" box. I don't know why it did not appear here--but no matter.
  • UPDATE. My IT consultant disabled the Avast VPN on my computer, and the problem disappeared. I am now able to log into my Lulu account.